Dependent on Experience
About the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Estimating Manager, this new role has been created to manage the project bid process to ensure that a comprehensive bid can be presented for adjudication. The role will be responsible for coordinating the follow-up stages on the bid management process, working closely with colleagues to ensure a proactive and professional approach. The postholder will form part of the Estimating Team and will report to the Senior Estimating Manager.
To ensure MPACT Group operates professionally and efficiently, the Bid Writer will manage the project bid process to ensure that a comprehensive bid can be presented for adjudication. The role will also be responsible for coordinating the follow-up stages on the bid management process, working closely with colleagues to ensure a proactive and professional approach. The role will form part of the Estimating Team and will report to the Senior Estimating Manager.
- Build effective relationships to be recognised at the main point of contact with the client team.
- Produce work to ensure the highest standards for each bid put forward.
- Drive new bids from concept through to completion ensuring MPACT offers are articulated, cost estimate is adjudicated and signed off, with all final submissions fully reviewed.
- Liaise with clients to build engaging relationships to fully establish the requirements.
- Produce and maintain a bid strategy for the department reporting regular updates to line manager.
- Ensure the correct selection of subcontractors and suppliers for key packages and organise the distribution of tender documents/amendments for appropriate parties.
- Produce high quality presentation for potential clients using graphic design skills, utilising external graphic designers and printing facilities.
- Adopting responsibility for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and presentations – ensuring the highest standards from start to finish.
- Responsible for coordinating and checking all correspondence.
- Attend and input to handover meetings.
- Ensure compliance with MPACT’s policies, procedures and guidelines, together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Engage with the company’s appraisal process, and demonstrate commitment to our values, behaviours and your continuous personal development.
- Perform other reasonable duties and/or projects as directed by your line manager.
|KNOWLEDGE (& QUALIFICATIONS)||Essential||Desirable|
|Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience.||√|
|Strong knowledge and understanding of P&L and budgetary management||√|
|Ability to think commercially whilst working to strategic and operational department plans.||√|
|Working knowledge of computerised systems||√|
|Competent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).||√|
|Strong ability to present, discuss, negotiate and persuade both internally and externally.||√|
|Proven track record in providing first-class customer care and service delivery.||√|
|Ability to work under high levels of pressure and prioritise workload effectively.||√|
|Experience in a similar role within the Construction industry, with key involvement in developing and delivering department objectives||√|
|Strong track record in successful bid writing.||√|
|Experience within commercial fit-outs and the processes involved, with proven success of winning bids, managed from start to finish.|
|Experience demonstrating strong client engagement skills, strategic thinking skills and a track record of driving forward business development opportunities whilst streamlining efficiencies across the board.||√|
We are looking for a suitably qualified individual who has a wealth of relevant experience to the role. You should be commercially aware with strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in providing a first-class service. Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships is essential, as is the ability to produce high quality written material that is presented in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with experience in the construction industry, preferably commercial fit-outs, with a proven track record of winning bids that have been coordinated from start to finish. It is essential that you can work under pressure whilst delivering work to the highest standards. Overall, we are looking for a confident, capable and experienced Bid Writer who possesses the essential requirements for the role, is driven to deliver and wants to be part of a growing and ambitious company.
If this position is of interest, and you believe you meet the requirements of the role, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, before the closing date of Sunday 10th January 2021.