Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Glasgow City Centre or Loanhead Office
The MPACT Group stands for attention to detail and willingness to work as part of a team.
We pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering to the highest standard, and after 13 years, the company remains focused on creating an outstanding client experience in our UNIQUE approach. We don’t just accept the norm but look to innovate and add value where we can. Our team from business development through to contract completion know that this is how we can distinguish ourselves from other firms.
We do our best to employ the best. The more experience and knowledge our staff have the better the outcome for our clients. From professional qualifications through to industry training, we ensure that all our staff are able to deliver.
About The Role
Reporting to the Quantity Surveyor, this new role has been created to provide project support to ensure that we minimise the costs and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required five-star MPACT standards and quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of Subcontract Packages, includes obtaining quotes and placing formal Subcontract Orders.
- Monitor Subcontract packages and manage variation trackers.
- Processing Subcontractor applications for payment, check measurements, reconciling order values, assessing variations, and producing Payment Certificates.
- Carry out site visits to ensure that all works are proceeding as expected and identify any changes or variations to the agreed works package.
- Support the Quantity Surveyor to undertake valuation of works complete to produce valuations to the Client.
- Assist the Contracts Managers in pricing variations for submission to the client.
Ideally you will be an assistant or graduate surveyor who is seeking a new opportunity with experience of working for a main contractor. A knowledge of building technology and methodologies and an ability and/or willingness to learn how to read and understand technical information would be a distinct advantage
Experience and working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential.
Good communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships is essential. Being able to work on your own and under pressure, with an ability to manage and prioritise your time effectively is key
Overall, we are looking for a confident and capable individual who possesses the essential requirements of the role and wants to be part of a growing and ambitious company.