Contracts Manager (M&E)
Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Job Title: Contracts Manager (M&E)
Responsible to: Operations Director
Role: MPACT are a quality fit-out, refurbishment and M&E contractor operating throughout the UK. Our primary focus is on the delivery of a first-class finish to all our clients. Our Contracts Managers play a critical role in our ability to achieve the high standards we have set by creating and maintaining strong relationships with our clients and their representatives and the motivation of our site teams.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility for the management of several contracts across a range of project values from <£100k to c. £1.5m as well as site Health & Safety compliance whilst ensuring all needs of the project are met. Therefore, it is critical that the successful candidates can demonstrate significant experience in managing multiple projects, time management, technical knowledge and planning and communication skills.
Working with the Commercial team and Site Managers, you will also be responsible for managing contract’s budgets as well as the procurement and management of sub-contractors and materials.
Our company is growing rapidly and our Contract Managers are critical to our future success. We are looking for candidates who share our passion for excellence.
Person Specification: The successful candidate is likely to meet most of the following criteria:
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing projects within MPACT’s target marketplace
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
- Experience of MS project and Office Suite
- SMSTS & CSCS cards
- Experience of Pre-Qualification and Tendering process for multi-discipline projects
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both clients and all levels of staff
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Experience in chairing staff and client meetings
- Capable time-manager with ability to delegate
Health & Safety Manager
Operations Support staff
Clients and other stakeholders
Key accountabilities: Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the roles require a versatile and experienced Contracts Manager who has a proven successful record of project management experience, delivering a quality fit out and refurbishment finish. You will be expected to manage Site Managers involved in your projects as we as taking responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the health & safety documentation prepared by our H&S Manager.
The Contracts Manager will be a confident individual capable of liaising with client’s staff at all levels as well as delivering a clear picture of the status of each project to the Operations Director.
As a representative of MPACT Group, you must be positive, personable and well-presented. You will be expected to bring expertise, be passionate and driven to deliver exceptional results and be skilled at communicating with and influencing employees.