Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Within MPACT Group we pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering to the highest standard, and after 13 years, the company remains focused on creating an outstanding client experience in our UNIQUE approach. This being the foundation of MPACT as we are “totally committed to our client’s needs”. Our staff group comprises of highly skilled, qualified and experienced personnel representing all the key trades, together with accomplished project management expertise. This enables us to deploy smoothly co-ordinated site teams, accustomed to working together with optimum efficiency, and also affords excellent end-to-end communication, resulting in us being able to deliver above and beyond.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Estimating Manager, this role will provide an accurate estimate of the cost of works to existing and potential clients through reviewing and responding to tender enquiries, whilst gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers. The Electrical Estimator will assess material, labour and equipment, frequently communicating and negotiating with sub-contractors and suppliers. The postholder will carefully balance the need to be competitive with ensuring work can be carried out profitably, and within the timeframes required. This role will also involve client contact to establish needs and discuss design, in order to fully deliver. The Electrical Estimator will engage with subcontractors, manufacturers and vendors whilst at the same time ensuring client relationships are strong. Overall, the role works to analyse risk whilst submitting accurate, commercially viable quotations, and ensuring that the estimating team is motivated and driven to deliver.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review electrical tender enquiries to ensure they are profitable, and the Company can deliver to the highest standards.
- Tender selected opportunities, liaising closely with the Senior Estimating Manager to discuss and agree profit margins and tender strategy.
- Produce bona fide tenders that are accurate, detailed, and concise for all new and existing clients.
- Assist others in the selection of materials and sub-contractors when required and propose alternative materials or methods.
- Regular reporting to the Senior Estimating Manager detailing current position of tenders, discussing lead times and other key factors.
- Liaise with third parties, building good working relationships with Architects, Surveyors and others as required.
- Provide breakdowns of operating profit margin on a job by job basis.
- Regularly review sub-contractors pricing to ensure they are competitive for our needs.
- Ensure all works are done within the required timescales and provide timely progress reports.
- Review supplied tender documentation including drawings, details and specifications.
- Develop a logical and consistent price/offer, using estimating tools/systems and models.
- Produce consistent, error-free quotations to clients, assisting with any amendments in line with discussions with colleagues or direct contact with our customers and clients.
We have offices in Loanhead and Glasgow City Centre and the role can be based in your preferred location.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and car allowance.
We are looking for a qualified individual who has a wealth of relevant experience. You should be commercially aware with strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in providing a first-class service. Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships is essential, as is the ability to accurately prepare electrical estimates based on the scope of works. The ideal candidate will have extensive technical knowledge of electrical estimating and be able to work under pressure whilst delivering work to the highest standards. Overall, we are looking for a confident, capable and experienced Electrical Estimator who possesses the essential requirements for the role, is driven to deliver and wants to be part of a growing and ambitious company.
If this position is of interest, and you believe you meet the requirements of the role, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, before the closing date of Sunday 13th February 2022.
Please click for full job description: Job Description – Electrical Estimator