Within MPACT Group we pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering to the highest standard, and after 13 years, the company remains focused on creating an outstanding client experience in our UNIQUE approach. This being the foundation of MPACT as we are “totally committed to our client’s needs”. Our staff group comprises of highly skilled, qualified and experienced personnel representing all the key trades, together with accomplished project management expertise. This enables us to deploy smoothly co-ordinated site teams, accustomed to working together with optimum efficiency, and also affords excellent end-to-end communication, resulting in us being able to deliver above and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced professional who has a strong HR background leading an HR function. You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with persuasive, motivational and strong organisational skills. The ability to produce high quality written work is a must and the ideal candidate will be CIPD qualified with a proven track in delivering quality HR solutions. Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is also essential. Overall, we are looking for a confident and proven HR professional who wants to be part of a growing and ambitious company.
To lead the HR function within MPACT, championing a high-performance culture and promoting the employee experience through internal communications and engagement. The role holds responsibility for finding and recruiting the best talent whilst ensuring effective workforce planning, talent management and succession strategies are in place for the business.
- Produce Job Descriptions and advertise all vacancies in a timely and proactive manner, whilst managing the Recruitment Inbox to ensure a professional candidate experience.
- Monitor the application process and provided recruitment information for management with specific recommendations to attract and recruit in a range of roles.
- Create new HR policies to underpin best practice and embed new procedures within the Company through designing and delivering line manager training.
- Lead on employee relations cases (grievance, discipline, absence and performance management) and coach managers to resolve complex people issues.
- Report key performance indicators and other management information – highlighting trends, ensuring underperforming areas are being challenged, are addressed early and making appropriate recommendations for action.
- Carry out all administrative tasks for the HR function, including preparing and issuing all correspondence relating to employee’s terms and conditions (contracts / resignations / promotions / reference requests and others).
- Record and monitor absence, advise managers accordingly on problem cases. In addition, complete Occupational Health Referrals where appropriate.
- Lead on a wide range of process improvement projects, including the revision of HR procedures, sourcing of new technology and the streamlining of administrative tasks.
- Manage the probationary process including full support and follow-up actions.
- Implement and maintain annual performance reviews for employees, carrying these out for all site operatives. Update relevant information on the training records and advise managers where necessary on further action.
- Act as the point of contact for Apprentices and the liaison for the relevant colleges and course work.
- Carry out a professional and welcoming new start induction for all employees joining MPACT.
- Source and arrange training courses for employees, keeping appropriate records and actions from Training Needs Analysis activities.
- Ensure compliance with MPACT’s policies, procedures and guidelines, together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Engage with the company’s appraisal process, and demonstrate commitment to our values, behaviours and your continuous personal development.
- Perform other reasonable duties and/or projects as directed by your line manager.
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience|
|KNOWLEDGE (& QUALIFICATIONS)||Essential||Desirable|
|Educated to Degree level (or equivalent experience).||√|
|Chartered Member of CIPD||√|
|Up-to-date practical knowledge and understanding of HR management systems and their implementation.||√|
|Up-to-date knowledge and awareness of Employment Law||√|
|Knowledge and experience of Apprenticeship Schemes||√|
|Competent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).||√|
|Proven track record in providing first-class customer care and service delivery.||√|
|Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.||√|
|Ability to be proactive and work well in a stand-alone set up.||√|
|Strong influencing skills||√|
|Experience leading a stand-alone HR function||√|
|Broad generalist HR experience in a fast-paced dynamic office environment.||√|
|Experience of reviewing, implementing & maintaining efficient systems (electronic & manual).||√|
|Experience working in the construction industry.||√|
|Experienced in managing complex employee relation cases||√|
If this position is of interest, and you believe you meet the requirements of the role, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com, before the closing date of Thursday 5th August 2021.
MPACT Group is an equal opportunities employer that understands the importance of equality and diversity in achieving our mission. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or age.