Human Resources Manager
Negotiable dependent on experience
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Responsible to: QHSE Director
Responsible for: The overall management and development of all aspects of HR and staff development for the company, including:
- Management and development of the HR department
- Recruitment and Selection
- Learning and Development programmes for staff
- Employee Relations
Job purpose: The function of this HR Manager role is to shape the performance and development systems for all employees, designing and supporting the Company objectives including performance management and workforce / human resource planning whilst guiding and managing Human Resources services for the Company.
The HR Manager will lead all HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented culture emphasising quality, productivity, goal attainment and empowerment and is responsible for the development of processes and reporting metrics that support the achievement of the Company’s business goals as well as acting as ‘talent expert’ across the Company. Reporting directly to the QHSE Director and working closely with all colleagues to ensure all HR duties are undertaken in accordance with employment law, company policy and ensuring any risk to the business is minimised.
Key accountabilities: Reporting directly to the QHSE Director, the role requires a versatile, diverse and experienced HR manager who has a proven successful record of leading and delivering all aspects of HR and Training and Development programmes with dedication and passion, whilst keeping abreast of changes in employment legislation.
The HR Manager will be a highly confidential individual who will be able to give a clear picture of how each part of the Company is operating and what is happening at all levels. The HR Manager will use effective people skills to ensure good relationships with all employees and external contacts at all times.
The HR Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the HR strategy for the Company and will produce accurate HR reports with appropriate frequency in order to provide accurate information to the Directors.
As a representative of MPACT Group, the HR Manager must be positive, personable and well-presented. They will bring expertise, be passionate and driven to deliver exceptional results and be skilled at communicating with and influencing employees and Directors.
- Develop and implement the HR strategies aligned to the business objectives.
- Partner the management team to project-manage organisational and procedural changes within the business area.
- Be responsible for all HR management and development including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, mentoring, salary and conditions, contracts, training and development, talent management, succession planning, driving performance appraisals and any other HR related issues.
- Take the lead with regards to regularly reviewing the company’s staff management processes including performance/potential management and resource planning.
- Where necessary, work in partnership on projects to aid continuous improvement and implement improvement programmes (e.g. changes to working practices or organisation structure).
- Provide insight and recommendations on HR initiatives that can be leveraged to strengthen business results e.g. leadership/development programmes.
- Working with Directors and Managers to highlight potential staffing issues e.g. any significant gaps to meet long-term objectives.
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Liaise with Directors and Managers to understand the HR requirements of the business and ensure the Directors are fully informed on actual performance v. corporate HR strategy.
- Keep up to date with HR legislation by researching and attending necessary events, before providing suitable interpretation to Directors and Managers.
- To facilitate as a mediator when required to try and resolve employee grievances.
- To deliver and report on annual employee engagement survey to ensure feedback from employees is collated and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement.
- Manage all recruitment needs for the company, including implementing and continually developing a robust recruitment process.
- Overseeing the day to day management of the recruitment process, including reviewing job descriptions, advertising, updating of the company resource plan, review and selection of CV’s, attending interviews and offering selection recommendations.
- Creating and improving where necessary offer letters and contracts of employment, whilst managing the timely distribution of such documents.
- Managing the collation of references and security clearance as relevant to each role.
- Ensuring all relevant ID, certificates and employee documents are received on or before 1st day of employment.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for identifying, planning, delivering and measuring learning and development.
- Manage a training plan which details required training delivered within agreed timescales and ensure outcomes are appropriately measured and reported on.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure control of training and development expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Liaise with other managers to understand all necessary aspects of their learning and development needs, and to ensure they are fully informed of corporate learning and development objectives.
- Develop training and communications materials to support learning and development needs.
- Ensure training activities meet and integrate with company strategies and policies.
- Manage the organisation and delivery of company induction sessions, including writing and delivering the presentations.
- Maintain the currency of the Training Matrix and share the information company-wide.
General Management duties:
- To be a pro-active member of the Senior Management Team.
- To highlight and help resolve any issues/challenges/employee relations within the office.
- To assist and advise Directors and Managers on HR policy, practice, procedure and issues.
- To represent the company in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- To be prepared to support fellow managers in meetings required.
Personal specification, experience and knowledge:
- Ability to manage and prioritise.
- A proven track record of leading the delivery of HR functions to a high standard, preferably in a proactive senior role.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience.
- Experience of designing and delivering staff management / development programmes.
- Experience of report writing with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Problem solving skills.
- Recruitment and interview experience.
- Ability to innovate to create and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience of designing and writing HR policies, procedures, offers and contracts of employment.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in staff management and development.
- Knowledge and experience of introducing new ideas to improve employee engagement.